Developing Safeguarding Practice Refresher (Annual refresher for ASC staff after completing the basic safeguarding awareness course)
Aim: This half day refresher will enable participants to discuss and develop their safeguarding knowledge and skills in a supportive learning environment
Target group: ASC Staff and PCC Partners who have previously attended the safeguarding awareness course and require an update and to develop their knowledge and skills of safeguarding adults (including ISAs, Carers,Nurses, SWs,OTs).
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this is a virtual training session on “Zoom”. You will access the training using your device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smart mobile phone). You will need an internet connection, as well as a microphone, camera and speakers on your device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have this equipment, and that you can access Zoom.
Aim: To enable participants to discuss and develop their safeguarding knowledge and skills in a supportive learning environment
• To have received and understood updated knowledge about safeguarding legislation and guidance
• To have discussed the Making Safeguarding Personal agenda and know what it means for their practice
• Understand the effects of coercion and control on decision-making, and when a safeguarding response is required to protect a service user
• To have developed skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice
• To have worked with a case study from referral to conclusion of the safeguarding process and understand their role
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
Managers will receive notification of delegates none attendance, late cancellations or part attendance.